Blog: Fathers’ rough and tumble play
Read the blog about rough and tumble play published by Infant and Child Development journal, which publishes empirical, theoretical and methodological papers addressing psychological development from the antenatal period through to adolescence.
The Australasian Marcé Society Conference SOS:
Stresses, Outcomes, Solutions: working in perinatal mental health
The Australasian Marce Society conference in Adelaide held October 22-24 2015. Presentations will address various father-related issues and include:
- An exploration of negative thoughts and fathering experiences in recent fathers Jaime Wroe, The University of Newcastle, NSW
- What do men who call the Post and Antenatal Depression Association (PANDA) need? Richard Fletcher, University of Newcastle, NSW
- Developing and testing the acceptability of text messages to support and influence new fathers in the perinatal period Chris May, University of Newcastle, NSW
Australian Association for Infant Mental Health Inc. National Conference 2015: And father makes three – family inclusive practice
The fathers and families research team will be presenting in Sydney at the AAIMHI national conference held this October 29-31. Presentations will include a keynote presentation and workshop addressing father-related issues.
- Keynote presentation Digital Dads: using internet and mobile phone technology to link ‘hard to reach’ new fathers with information and support Dr Richard Fletcher, University of Newcastle, NSW
- Understanding negative thoughts experiences in recent fathers Jaime Wroe The University of Newcastle, NSW
- Post conference workshop Paternal Perinatal Depression Initiative – Antenatal preparation & postnatal support for fathers Dr Richard Fletcher, University of Newcastle, NSW